View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #423
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: Silver Dollar

Here's some changes in your text I would suggest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post

Looking for a classic truck? Do you want one that stands apart from the ordinary? I thought so. My name is Mike and this is my very special short bed Chevy pickup. Classic trucks are my hobby and passion. This one is now finished, and I’m looking forward to the next one.

Is reliability and fuel economy important to you? How does a modern computer controlled LS engine and a 4L60E 4speed automatic transmission sound? The 5.3L LS based engine is clearly the most technologically advanced pushrod V8 engine GM has ever produced, as it offers great power, durability, simplicity, and upgrade-ability. Let me tell you that engine is at home in this truck. An added bonus is it gets 21 mpg on the hwy.

Check out the Tubular cross-members & trailing arms picture #2 and #7. Aside from adding rigidity and strength, they provide passage for the exhaust to be routed through, not under, like stock for added clearance and nice clean lines. These trailing arms are also fully adjustable and are designed to eliminate suspension concerns when lowering a stock 1967-1972 truck. They feature a greaseable spherical joint for a smooth comfortable ride, plus they look kick ass!

Additionally it offers the benefits of having 4 wheel disc brakes, fuel tank relocated from the inside of the cab, new steering and suspension components, new wire harness, auto dimming mirror, new chrome, lights, new weather-sripping, all new glass, and windshield. It offers everything you would expect from a completely restored truck.

I have a family, and we enjoy piling in and going to the local drive inn or "flavor freeze" for a ice cream cone it is a real treat. and having that bench seat sure makes it easy. At this point the truck does not have A/C. However, before you say "Ah I cant have a truck without air-conditioning". It can be added. I can ad it. and probably cheaper than you might think.

I would have to say my favorite part of this truck is definitely those beautiful Classic Instrument gauges.... for me it just pulls everything together for a nice clean classy interior. I get almost as many compliments on the interior as I do on the exterior. The rust free body was taken to bare metal and finished in is a brilliant silver/gray fine metallic base coat clear from House of Kolor. Southern Polyurethane primers and clear were used, for that show car quality and unmatched gloss, depth and clarity. As you can see within the first three photos, the paint changes depending on the light. It really is a cool effect, especially in the sun, the metallic just dances. Something photos just cant express. Obviously there is a lot more to this truck than I can write in this ad. Lots of time and effort went into this truck to make it reliable and easy to drive. Take a good look at all the pictures. If by the end I've gotten your attention and your wondering what it would be like to own this baby then you should call me! Don't wait till the auction is over.

Its a great deal at $25,500 To be completely honest, to have this truck professionally built at a restoration shop it would probably cost almost twice that much. but because I built it at home, in my spare time, with no overhead, and I don't count my labor. I'm able to save you thousands. So if you like what you see and have any question or would like to make a offer. Call Me 574-215-7380. I would consider partial trade for a 67-72 Chevy project truck.
I've bought a lot of vehicles sight unseen. I like what you've done, but when I'm clicking through dozens of ads, it helps to get salient facts quickly - especially when using mobile devices. What I like is bullet points of the major things that it offers, an admission of what it needs, and lots of close up pictures. I like pics that are clear and up close. Nearly anything looks good from 10 or 20 feet away. Take some shots down the sides to show how straight is is. Put it up on a lift so people can see the craftsmanship underneath. Show how much tread is on the tires.

More pics, the better. Good luck!
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote