View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: C/60 Trim Question

The 366 is a tall deck truck motor,too. The 427s had the vent in both sides and a 427 badge added. This one has those Custom packages. The front trim is bright work under the white paint. Apparently the door panels still came in metal with the upgrade and the horn button wasn't chrome. It does have the fancy dash knobs. The Custom badge on the glovebox door is removed on this one.
I always wanted to get one of these and put ln a fancy pickup interior. I have olive door panels,seat belts,and visors. The rest is available. I have a friend who has a N.O.S. olive steering wheel. That thing baffled us because it was obviously N.O.S.,67/68 style,and olive wasn't an interior color in those years. I guessed that maybe it was a medium duty wheel from 69-72,since the wheels are the same style. My hunch was confirmed when we held a 67/68 pickup wheel to it and it fit just inside his. These trucks have an identical wheel but just a tad bigger.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote