Thread: My new project
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #53
rayfinseats

Re: My new project

Made some changes to the door panels, (need a better picture) drivetrain working good as is. Rebuilt the entire front end, ball joints, etc. All new hoses the other day. Removed all the AC parts except heater core, added electric radiator fans through relays on with IGN switch. Put gas line shutoffs from Menards on the heater hoses. I think I have about $1,300 in it so far total. Next comes cab corners, door seals, rockers, paint job and wheel paint, mirrors, cosmetics. Weight about 4200 pounds, 350 4bbl, th350, ramhorns, 2.73 gears. I fixed the exhaust for now. I think I'll put on dual exhaust but keep the ramhorns. I'd like to a add my edelbrock performer intake and aluminum water pump and maybe put a new timing chain and RV cam in it. It runs good as is and it's been getting cold out all of the sudden so I may hold off. This thing is a blast to drive. It steel sharp and has great power steering, still seem kinda doggy yet for a 350/4bbl. Not sure if I like the edelbrock carb and I'm thinking the timing is set too far retarded. Almost a keyless system except steeering lock. Got the electric windows working but I need a new stich for the electric door locks. I have the signals wired but need low current flashers for my LEDs.

Last edited by rayfinseats; 09-17-2011 at 01:45 AM.
rayfinseats is offline   Reply With Quote