View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
goregalore

Re: Gorey's 67 GMC 3/4 ton Shop Truck

Yes, actually
Got the Carb rebuilt and cleaned up and put back on the 350. It doesn't load up anymore. Thanks to prostreetC-10 for donating and sending me the choke arm to complete the rebuild.

It took me 2 full days to do the cleanup and rebuild, while my wife was gone so I could use the kitchen table, using the Holley trickit kit, the manual choke kit, and new floats. but it runs SMOOOOOTH!
It took it over to a mechanic friend and he said it was as smooth as it could ever get.

I just need to check the needle valves and floats for the last time and call that part done.

As soon as I get the chance I will post the rebuild pics to a new gallery. I figure it has to help some newbies such as myself.

My business is crazy busy right now and time if of the essence.

And the choke cable seems to be too long. It isn't pulling the choke butterfly as smoothly as it should. So, I will need to trim the cable down some.

Next step is to install all the new brake components. But have had alot of trouble figuring out all I need for the emergency brake install. I don't want to install the brakes and then tear the brakes back apart to put the e-brake on.
Cables have been ordered. But not sure than is going to be enough. I have e-brake cables running to the back side of the cab on both sides, but ends there.
goregalore is offline   Reply With Quote