Thread: 1960 Biscayne
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #41
crawdadfox

Location: New Orleans Louisiana.....a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here!!!
Re: 1960 Biscayne

I ran the stock a-arms at first and then changed to Air Ride Technologies tubular Strong Arms. They supply you with lower air spring plates that will bolt to your existing arms and work great! The rear 20x10 i ran a 5 1/4" backspace and on the 18x8's a 5" backspace works fine...with the front 20x8 1/2's i ran a 5 1/2" backspace. If you plan on a disc brake conversion front or rear make sure how much they are offset over the factory drums to avoid any clearence issues. If you decide to bag it i would suggest an adjustable panhard bar out back to center the tires up side to side at ride height.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Feel free to post all you want on this thread - maybe it will help the next guy that comes along.

Did you have to modify or swap the a-arms to install the bags?

I found another web site that has some interesting tidbits, like VIN and trim taf decoding, colors, etc - www.60impala.com

After looking at that site, I think your steering wheel is correct for the Biscayne, and mine came off a Bel-Air.

Do you happen to have the backspace info handy on your rims?

Thanks!