View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #150
bollybib

Re: Jim's 1969 Custom/20

I drove my truck from Carlsbad up to LA and back September 27-28, 2011 for a dawn patrol urban surf session at El Porto with my buddy. Put about 280 miles round trip on the rumbling beast with no complaints, a lot of freeway driving at 60-65 mph most of the time. Everything ran bi+chen.

The steering wheel not only looks cool, but felt OK, too. The rim is a little thin and the circumference seems a bit large for my hands to rest on it comfortably in the 10-2 oclock positions, that's my harshest criticism. Lots of room to get in and out of the truck, more so than the stock wheel, it's offset slightly more (1/2"). Now I'm thinking in terms of a repro 67 Vette wheel and horn button rather than a Grant. Looks like about $500 to change it over the way I want, so I'll be deferring this for a while. I can just swap with the Vette now and again, it isnt too difficult to do. Maybe I should try using the stock truck wheel in the Vette, that would look pretty dumb I bet haha. (maybe I'll edit a pic of that in here later for fun).

Peace

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote