Thread: First Drive
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
doctrouble

Re: First Drive

HA...so my smoke signals were because i forgot to plug in a spark plug...

On the way home from work,, when it started, it was smoking more than usual and only on the left. Slightly worried about my starter because it turns over couple times then stops for a split second and keeps going, but usually starts after the pause.

Couple other things i've noticed is that, ITS AWESOME TO DRIVE!!.. but.. also when it was starting it had a knocking noise in the very beginning went away shortly after it was running though.

Very frequently it will stall sitting in drive at a red light, it'll start right back up but only after 2-3 mins. If i instantly try to restart it, it'll just keep turning over.

Noticed the head turners already.. was test driving after i found the spark plug wire and drove past this guy that did a complete 180 with his head twice at his house as i drove past

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjack View Post
. Noticed on the way home with it that it seemed to rev a little high before shifting, then would bang into gear hard, just like the powerglide in my great uncle's (now mine) 68 panel. I drove back to the guy I got it from. Turns out he had installed a shift kit in it, and I drove the doors off that bronco for years, never missed a lick. Just a thought.

Not sure what a "shift kit" is. If that's what was causing your shifting to kick or taking it off gave it the kick.

Tomorrow i'll recheck the oil and gap my spark plugs. (friend keeps saying he's getting a massage sitting in it..)

But any ideas about the starter pause and the restarting after it stalls?

I LOVE this site.. I would be honored to meet any one of you
doctrouble is offline   Reply With Quote