View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #23
McNugget

Re: A Sad Story About a 1971 Chevy Cheyenne

I would love to post the whole story and all the details, but because it is a currently ongoing case, I am limited to my post. But basically the VIN #'s are located on the plate on the cab by the door, their should be one on a sticker in the glove box (but isn't considered legitimate because those are easily swapped), and the last 7 digits of the VIN are located on the top of the frame underneath the power steering box, or right above the drivers side wheel. Mine had 3 different VIN's on it and none of them matched eachother. Of course the cab was licensed to me and the VIN in the glove box was registered to nothing, and I was only 16 at the time of purchase of the truck, so I didn't even know of the VIN on the frame, I thought it was a serial number. But to those of you worried about having a cab without a title or anything like that, don't be worried. Whenever you take the truck for inspection, they won't know to look for things like that non-matching VINs. And it you don't have a title, you can always apply for a lost or abandoned title for the truck. How the guy was able to trace my truck to being his, has become a SUPER sticky story. I'll share with you what I can about it. The police believed it to have been chop-shopped, because of the 71 cab being on a 72 frame, but all of the belongings ( dash pad, seat, window visors, steering wheel, etc.) were identified as the 72's owner's. They are trying very hard to figure everything out and I ended up without anything, not by my choice. I am trying to fight to get what I can. And trust me, being a girl makes everything tougher. Thank you all for your support. My main reason for posting this story was to warn others to be careful in your future purchases!! If you have anything you might be worried about you can feel free to contact me I will share what I can.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne
1972 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4
McNugget is offline   Reply With Quote