View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
robnolimit

No Limit's "K-10"

NEW PROJECT We've had a great two seasons with the Silver Bullit F-100. After our victory in texas, we have won the Goodguys Truck Class Championship for 2011. Pretty cool to do it two years in a row. We also won the Truckin' Throwdown in the spring. BUT, I know it won't be like this next year. Plenty of guys around the country are building trucks to come and beat us, and some of them can do it. The Bullit is a basic build. (I know what some say, but listen) It's an off th rack chassis, crate motor (appx 425 hp) T-5 trans, 9" with 3.70 gears, all steel body. It's a bolt together package that anyone can duplicate, and it can be beat. I drive it to work two or three days a week, and to local shows and cruises. It doesn't get hot, and it burns pump gas. That aproach is NOT going to dominate next year.
So, we need a new flagship truck. The "K-10" project. (Killer C-10) YES, a Chevy. a '70 to be exact. We tossed around a lot of ideas, and a few sketches and photoshopped a few picts. A Chevy was a natural, since we already did a Ford. We thought about a suare body, but '72 is the cut-off at many events. This will not be a bolt together truck. And, we're not focussing on winning the truck class any more. We want to beat up on the fast guys, like Finch, Tucker, Voekel, Pozzi, .... Yes, they are in Pro-Touring built muscle cars.

The plan, 108" wheelbase, 2700 lb., 550hp Ls, 5 speed, take no prisoners bad motor finger. We're well on our way. Where are the picts? We're goung to hold off until jan to start posting build picts, competition and all, you know? It is pretty wild, and actually not very expensive, in parts, but LOTS of fab labor.
We are thinking about a name. Any thoughts? "The Reaper", or "Sucker Punch" have been thrown around, but we're not very good at the whole abstract name thing, so, what do you think? I'll post up info, but no picts for a while.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote