View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #31
El Campo

Re: Boxing a 47-53 1/2-Tips, Parts

I know this is old thread but had some questions on it. If boxing the frame has little to no impact on twisting how come before I boxed mine I could lift one frame horn up 8 or 9 inches (with all the crossmembers in) and the frame horns on the other end wouldn't move off of the jack stands because there was so much flexing. After boxing could only lift frame rail an inch or two without lifting other end? I did weld the plates to the crossmembers though would that explain why there is not much flexing? Took me 40 hours to do with an acetalene/ox torch and a Miller arc welder and some plate steel that I got at the welding shop. Only welded one inch at a time. Also I ran my braided stainless line through the frame rails but did as was suggested and had no fittings in the rail and has worked just fine so far. Same with brake lines. Just be certain that wherever there is a fitting that u have an access hole really close by and a way to remove the whole line in case it malfunctions. Again, I am no expert but this has worked for me FWIW.
Posted via Mobile Device
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote