View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #10
robnolimit

Re: No Limit's "K-10"

Yep, I'd have to say he's probably not the only one who feels that way. I am a bit suprised that it was printed, but, thats the game. We set out to prove a point with that truck. That trucks could be competetive, not just in the slowest class (originally it was thought that the truck class would be the slowest), but in the fastest class. Our goal was simple, but not easy. All off-the-shelf parts, all steel, very streetable. I know many think the 'Bullit is a pure built racer, but that's just not true. It's built on an off the rack chassis, the same one anyone can get. The motor is a 425 hp windsor 392" stroker, from ford, in a box. Trans is a T-5 from a '94 mustang. Body is all steel. It weighs 3380 empty, and has 57% nose weight. Yes, it has big breaks, but to tell the trueth, at speeds under 60, it stopped better with the 12" OEM brakes. Our center of gravity is appx 10" higher than the average camaro. It's hardley a race truck, but it does perform very well. To those who think it's unfair, How did you prep for the last event? What are your alignment baselines? How do you start your tire pressures? Did you really think it would be so easy that you could just drive up, run a few laps and win? what value would there be in that? Well, we proved we could be competetive in an all steel street truck, and now the competition is ramping up.
Several trucks are now being built to be competetive next year, and they all want to beat us. Some might, but we aren't going to make it easy for them. All year we have seen the fastest guys and studied there cars. We've seen a bunch of 600+ hp motors, lots of Nascar parts, like Appleton racks and full floaters, a ton of carbon fiber, all this to beat our steel body pick-up by 1 second or less. What will it take to win next season? a smarter approach.
I'm sure there's going to be some bantering about here on this site, which should be good fun. And I invite all comments. Hotchkis is not going tp let up. The Roadster shop is building a C-10, as are many others, including some pretty sharp Indiana boys. Kevin Bapst is rebuilding, and the guys from Dueces Wild keep getting faster. How many others? a LOT. This is good for everyone, the faster we go, the bigger the truck market will get, and the better the parts will be for all.
So, hold on tight, here we go! First spy picts comming soon.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote