View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
MercPunk

>Newb< 71 LWB NEED INFO

Alright to start off here is what i have now a 71 lwb gen 2 350 with three on the tree. Decent truck just a little rust on the rocker panels no biggee. Now for what i want im lookin to put a late model 5.3 or 6.0 into it with more than likely a 4l60e trans I have been all over this forum the last 48 hours looking at threads a day old to threads from existence. And made no leeway on my specific questions. first question do i have to replace my colum to make it work with a 4l60/80 trans ? no wayt to adapt the one i have ? second i havent found a bolt in trans cross member without purchasing a whole kit which jus seeems a bit overboard. I have found some prett neat mounts though there pretty neat i think. And would I just be ahead of the game by just doing away with the stock tank ? O yea if i find a good late model drive shaft out of another late model lwb chevy like per say the donor ehicle will the u joints match up or is there a part number for a u joint that would work ? and if so should i still use that ds carrirer bearing ?
MercPunk is offline   Reply With Quote