View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #34
AUSSIE54

Re: I haven't got a crew......

Thankyou propanemudtruck.

It didn't feel as though much got done last Friday fortnight. I pressure washed the front end and then set up the chassis up on the welding bed at ride height. Dropped a spare front half of a cab on it and the dummy front clip and then wriggled the front end into the desired position with regard to front wheel placement in the fender fore and aft. Lots of looking thinking, and measuring. Placement is good but ride height is not. The jag front end isn't going to be as easy as I had hoped. I still needed to sink the front end up into the chassis by 4" to achieve the ride height I'm chasing. For some crazy reason I'm dead set keen on leaving the actual jag front unmolested so ive compromised by decicing to c-notch the chassis by two inches and then install two inch lowering springs into the front end. That was about the end of my night.

Troy came over and did a heap more fine tuning on the roof sections. With a lot more banging and crashing, grinding and filing, he is at last happy with the shape and then we scribed the sections and cut them to size. Was getting late by then and so we managed to tack together a couple of areas of the roof where pie cuts had been taken to get the roof into shape.

I'd love to post a couple of pics, but can't get them to load from off my phone. Anyone out there know how or if this can be done?

Regards,

Trently.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
AUSSIE54 is offline   Reply With Quote