View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
Bowtie468

Re: Bowtie468's Extreme '68 BuildPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
bowtie,
very very nice!!!! would you be willing to spill the beans on what/how you did to polish the trim like you did??? i would like to acomplish the same outcome on my window trim pieces.....

thanks!!
Sure thing ! No secrets here . I picked up an 8" Polishing machine at Northern and purchased the buffing wheels and compound from Eastwood . It's not a bad job to do. Of course that would also depend on the condition of the trim
Being polished ! Also, attach the piece of trim being polished to a piece of wood . You'll be better able to control it and will keep the wheels from pulling it out of your hands or grabbing it which usually ends up bending the trim . I did also order a cutting wheel for stainless ( looks pretty aggressive ) but haven't needed to use it yet . I can't recall the material it's made of at the moment . Do a search on Eastwoods site and you'll see everything I'm referring to . I'll be polishing up my rear window trim before to long and will post pics when it done . Good luck with yours and holler back with any other questions about it .
Posted via Mobile Device

The aggresive cutting wheel i was referring to in the above post, is a Sisal buff wheel.
Eastwood # 13060
----------------------------------
1979 C10 Silverado Big10 SWB
Factory 454/400
Cardinal Red/Santa Fe Tan (original paint)

1968 C10 SWB Fleetside (Sold)
468BBC MultiPort TPI / Dynamic EFI P4
Black/Black

1963 Nova SS convertible (Sold)
194 I6/ PowerGlide

Last edited by Bowtie468; 11-25-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Bowtie468 is offline   Reply With Quote