View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #32
blime81
Laid Lo

Re: Check out this suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts62 View Post
When they are laid out like that the ball joints do look to be aimed that way....
I just looked at mine layed out and maybe it's the angle of the shot but it still looks wrong to me. Perhaps it is at a safe angle, however as mentioned the stock upper arm wasn't designed to take a load on top of it. Perhaps he has beefed it up, but I don't see it.

I guess my concern is that people see pics like this on the net and start cobbling poo together with no solid design behind it. I see no valid reason (i.e. more lift, better ride, lower ride height, lower cost, etc) to bag a truck like this and I stand by my statement that it looks to be unsafe and poorly engineered.

When these things catastrophically fail people begin to make assumptions like:
Airbag suspension is unsafe. No matter that it is .01% that is the problem.

We all know that assumptions only lead to more laws, harassment from law enforcement and so on. One only need to look at firearms laws and lifted truck laws to see where I am going with this.

In the same manner that we tell someone how nice their ride looks or what great welds they have, we also should not hold back from saying when something is wrong, unsafe or should not be duplicated.

After all how many threads pop up here with "Show me pics of your bag setup so I can get ideas to weld up my own?"

Sorry for the rant and I'm not banging on you Scott I just respectfully disagree with your "more power to them" comment. The last thing either of those trucks needs is more power....
'07 Sand Rail - ecotec powered
'05 2500HD - tows stuff
'67 VW Bug - gas saver
'01 Jeep TJ - rock crawler
blime81 is offline   Reply With Quote