Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #574
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Thanks man, I went back through your thread and found THIS. So yes it's definetly doable. Just takes more patients than I had at the time. Also, I think my homemade track bar mount on the pass. side takes up more room than the Cpp model? Not sure...maybe the angle of the bar? I'll try to get a pic.
Totally understand the patience aspect- I think I have three full days in my exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin
Anyway, I'm glad I went back to your build from the start. I found a very cool mod. HERE. BTW, how the heck did you get so much done on your truck
in such a short time frame???? You kicked tail on that build. Thanks again for all the ideas.
The Camaro tach is a cool mod that looks stock to the untrained eye, but I can't take credit for it- just the documentation of it- nabbed that idea from a member here... As far as the kickin' tail; I was fortunate enough to have a bunch of leave saved up, a boss who didn't mind me disappearing every other week, a fiance who wanted the truck done for wedding photos, and who was keen on financing the build via the wedding budget Kind of a perfect storm of circumstances- it was a bunch of work, but now we have a 'restored' platform ready for future modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin
Basically, I'm just going along copying all the cool things I find (and can scrape up cash for) on this board. I think that's why my $5k project has turned into a more like $15k project Big plans and changes coming on this thing soon......no it's not suspension or air ride that kind of change can come after I'm driving it.
Me too! This board is a blessing and a curse. I have stolen tons of ideas here and hopefully contributed a little along the way. So, LS drivetrain?

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote