View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
Psycho71

Re: big lifted truck cam choice

I have pretty much the same set-up as you, with the exception of the 4.10 gears. Mine has 3.73's in it.

I have a 9.5:1 CR, edlebrock rpm intake, Holley 670 carb, headers, th400, and NP208 transfer case. I went with the Comp extreme energy 262 grind cam with z28 valve springs on my 882 heads. Comp's camquest software, which I think might be a bit generous, shows my set-up at 330hp and 400ft lbs at 2500rpm. Like i said, i think that might be a bit generous. But this combo pushes the burb around real good. Driveability is good, and in low range on hardpacked gravel I can turn all four 35" tires. Actually snapped a front axle shaft the first time I romped it.

When i had the th400 in the shop, I told the builder what I was building for the engine. he recommended an HD low stall converter. I went with it, and it works great.

Mine has a noticeable idle. I have true dual 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow mufflers. I can idle it up just to about 700-750 rpm and smooth out the idle quite a bit. But I like leaving the idle set right around 600rpm so i can listen to the cam bump a little bit.

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote