View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #150
mr48chev

Re: The 48 chevy truck Ironworks is building.

I may have said it before in the thread but the thing I like most about it is that although you have done close to 100 body modifications and all of the other detail items to it the truck hasn't lost it's original identity due to a demand for extreme body modifications or added items like they would have in the 70's and 80's for extra show points that only detracted from the finished vehicle. No scoops, louvers or added for effect items that don't belong there. No outlandish grill change or headlight change just to prove that it can be done. The chop is so modest that most won't notice it because the stretch and the section balance it perfectly. I'm well documented on here as not being a fan of the oversize billet wheels but you made them work in this case and they are part of the truck rather than big wheels stuck on it just because the cool guys have big wheels this year. The interior shows that it was done by one of the best in the country and again shows that class trumps outlandish every day of the week. If I sold everything I own I probably couldn't swing that interior but I sure can fantasize over one of that quality.

Will he be hitting the indoor show circuit with it in the North West? I drove to the Portland Roadster Show last year primarily to see Take out T but I would drive down again this year just to see that truck if it was going to be there.
I'll be referring back to the build on this thread a bunch in the next few months when I try to figure out how you solved a problem so I can solve it on my own build.

Last edited by mr48chev; 03-15-2019 at 09:33 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote