View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #190
Mattman2010

Re: 85 GMC Sierra Classic 1 Ton Crew Cab

Well I have been working a lot on the truck. I have been trying to get the truck on the road because I think I am going to be changing the direction of this build once again.

I have not gotten around to painting the doors or the bed and tailgate. I should be getting the truck tagged this week, and hopefully get my windshield and back window installed and then I am going to throw the bed on it and some other things.

Now you might be asking, how am I going to be changing the direction of the build. Well After driving this around the farm for a while testing things I have noticed that the turning radius is very large. I am wanting to be able to drive this truck daily, so I am going to be converting my 3/4 ton crew cab frame into a short bed single wheel frame and swap the cab and front clip over to that frame. I want to be able to drive this truck all the time and with it being so long and so wide I don't see that being very good for DD duty. Once I get the short bed built I will probably find another cab to go ahead and build me a crew cab long bed dually on this frame.

1984 K30 CC Dually - "The Tank"
12V Cummins/Nv4500/Np205/D60/D70HD 4" lift & 37's
Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Mattman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote