View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #3645
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Thats cool alan, I wish I had known about that car place when I was up there a few years ago. Im headed to boone this weekend to get the christmas tree. My arms need a break from block sanding the roof anyways.
The car place is neat and worth the trip. Some cool cars, but not as many as I expected. Still glad I went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts62 View Post
Cool pics thank for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
"It was Gaitlinburg in mid-July, I'd just hit town and my throat was dry, so I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew..." A Boy Named Sue, by Johnny Cash.

As soon as I saw you post that, that song came to mind LOL.
If I am ever again down in that neck of the country, I will certainly look that Stars Cars place up!! I probably would have filled the camera storage up just in that place alone, not to mention the scenic shots you took too!!

I bet it was a great trip.
I took a few more pics than I posted of coarse, but my camera died. I took pics of the important ones to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
Alan, You look good sitting there in the General Lee !! Was Daisy Duke available for pictures???
Nah, she was waiting for me in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
great pics Alan...i've been on multiple family vacations to the Smokies (Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge) through the years...my dad used to take us up for the All Chevy/GMC Truck Nats. as well...would love to take my truck up there sometime for a cruise...my wife and i got married last year, & we hope to make a trip again next year with just the two of us...a few years ago when we were dating, we went with my mom and stayed at our timeshare...we hiked to a waterfall in Cades Cove...lots of fun...here's some pics i'll share:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...13/Gatlinburg/

but i have to say, i've done probably 80% of the things up there, yet i still haven't been to Stars Cars or Cooter's...are those pics from the Acquarium too?
Cool pics, thanks for the link!! Yes, that is the aquarium. The penquins meet us at the door. We couldn't pet them, they were just walking them around. We liked this aquarium the best. We've been to the one in Atlanta and Chattanooga. It's smaller than the rest, but has the same stuff and easier to get in and out. I'd like to do some hiking as well. It was a short trip. One night in Cherokee and 2 nights in Gatlinburg. It's been 15 years since the last time I was there. Vacations are too dog gone expensive.

Cooters Place was the highest on my priority list. He has a General Lee as well, but not an original. We just happened up on the Stars Cars. My favorite shows are the Dukes and Smokey and the Bandit (original). I was happy.

I had Shannon come over and help me drop the fuel tank out so I could bolt the bed wood down. That's a lot of hardware. I'm pretty sure I can check that off the list. I was going to have one of my girls get in the bed and hold the carriage bolts while I started the nuts. They wouldn't have the patience yet for that. I just laid blocks of wood on the bolts. Now I can hook up the sending unit and reinstall the tank.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote