View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
80SPORT

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

I have a 79 and 80 Sport that are restored ;I had the stripes made up by a computer graphics shop that does complete wraps so the stripes were not a problem;I had them make the patterns and color layouts from my other 80(original paint and stripes) and a nos stripe that i had.
I have a 78 Sport(454/bucket seat) truck that I am restoring and will have to have the stripes made from picture as I am unable to locate an original stripe truck.I also have an 81 Sport restoration project and an original paint/stripe 76 Sport.

Your black 77 Sport with original paint/stripes is a very rare truck;I have not seen an original one for 15 years....they were quite popular back in 77 (they were actually a COPO option like the 427 camaros)but VERY few survive in their original form ...I have run across a few but none with the original paint.

The stripes from GM were very expensive so any that were repainted were not restriped....at least none that I have seen.And the types of drivers that purchased short bed sport trucks often ran them hard so repaints and wrecks were common.

It is good to know there is at least one out there ...if I pick up a restorable 77 Sport I will contact you if that is ok an get some measurements.

I know what you mean about taking it out....we have a black 79 with 600 original miles on it ...may be the lowest mile 79 around....we try and put a few miles every year on it and I am always concerned some clown in a minivan will bump into it.
80SPORT is offline   Reply With Quote