View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
yousesteers

Re: "Brown Truck" 1984 K30 Crew Cab

I will try to give the mods that I have done in the order that I have done them it may take me a few nights to get thru them so please be patient with me and as for the early ones there are not many pictures unless I go take some which it now is dark before i get home every night. The first thing I did was pull the tanks out of the bed that was for the air compressor the original plan was to hide one big tank under the bed where the passenger side fuel tank would be if the truck had dual tanks but my truck only has a single tank. The entire air compressor ended up off of the truck so I just scraped the tank idea. After the tanks where out I pulled the wooden toolboxes out of the back seat. I started driving the truck some but it ran poorly probably from sitting in storage so I ordered a new gas tank and cleaned up the carb. it seemed to run better after this. I then bought a set of seats out of an 05 crew cab silverado from the junk yard I gott hese cleaned up and sit them in the truck for a fitting. They came back out and I had to lower the front floor boards about 3 to 3.5 inches basically I cut the humps off of each side and made the floor board level all the way across then mounted the seats on a set of flat irons nd bolted those to the newly lowered floor boards. In the back i mounted them higher they are a little hard to climb into but this gives lots of leg room. Will try to get pictures of tehm mounted up in the truck this week to show what they look like.
yousesteers is offline   Reply With Quote