View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #253
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownstar View Post
Wow thanks for all that info, that is going to help me big time. I have a ton of work but i am looking forward to it. This truck is a driver and there is nothing i am going to do that is going to make it a show truck. I want it to be fun to drive and easy to drive, so i can take it any where and not worrie about it. I love all the show trucks out here, and all the hard work people have put into them but i am done with the show stuff. that is one of the reasons i love your truck, it looks cool just sitting there in that hot rod red paint and big fat tires with all the chrome. priceless!

thanks again for your help

Ray
Sorry to disappoint you Lowdownstar, but I can't stand that red oxide primer. I am going to paint it Audi Papaya Orange. That's why the truck is torn all apart right now coz I'm doing metal work and prepping it for paint. Now your ride can still look shinny and some flash and not be a show truck. I get very lazy about polishing stuff I don't wipe it down everytime I drive it some where. But even dirty it still looks like a vehicle that is being taken care of. Well I guess you live in a gr8 place where people respect each others property. But the few places I have dared to take my truck and walk away, I come back and find some one looking at it or walking around it looking at it. That's good attention but not all people that look want to leave it at that. I mean no disrespect but I think you my have a false sense of security when you say, ("so i can take it any where and not worry about it" ) Your truck looks good now just the way it sits. It's EYE CANDY right now. And your future plans are only going to make your truck more desirable. (BY THE WAY those wheels on your truck are so awesome I love those wheels) As Kabwe says if you like your ryde a lot you can be sure someone else likes it just as much and may want to do more then just admire it. Don't be discouraged you do your truck exactly how you want and enjoy it, but keep a watchful eye out for it. I disable my ignition/battery system even at a show or cruise nite. My 68 Pontiac Tempest wagon I drive a lot but I am always close by. My vehicles still might get stolen but I try to make it harder for the thief. They are gonna have to work for it. There are too many stories where custom/classics/ modified /hotrods/ muscle cars get stolen coz somebody got comfortable and let their guard down. Even when you are on top of your game they can still take your stuff. I have a friend when he works on his race car or his buddies race cars while in his garage which faces the street he keeps his roll away gate closed and his AK-47 on the work bench. It's the Wild Wild West out here. That's not to brag it's a fact of life. I have friends whose garage doors were snatched off with chains and a truck and their tools stolen, a friend of a friend story where the guys family got there '57 Chevy stolen at an intersection at gun point. At Los Angeles Trade Technical College when I was attending there back in the day, we parked our cars bumpers touching bumpers to make it harder to steal while in class. LOL, BUT THE FREAKIN THIEVES one late night still managed to get the roll-away tool chest in Diesel Shop when they took a unattended engine hoist and transmission sitting in the repair yard and used it as a battering ram, knocking a big hole in the wall, climbed in & opened the roll up doors and rolled the students tool chest out into a big truck. My neighbors son driving his '96 SS Impala was stopped by some thugs at gun point demanding he get out of the car, he refused saw the cops near by burned rubber got the cops attention the thugs got caught as he drove off.
THE PICTURES BELOW ARE EXAMPLES OF WHAT GOT STOLEN. THE 1ST PICTURES OF A 1934 Ford 3-Window coupe that was recovered. That is a picture of it I took at the 2009 18th California Hot Rod Reunion @ Famoso Raceway. The second car a ’32 Ford Roadster did not have a happy ending as far as I know. It was at the hotel parking lot next door to the Los Angeles County Fairplex (Pomona) Grand national Roadster Show.
Here are their stories:
1934 Ford 3-Window coupe
BREAKING: $250,000 stolen hot-rod has been found, arrest made
http://auto.ocregister.com/2011/01/0...st-made/49038/

’32 Ford Roadster
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/32...roadster-show/
Whatever happened to the male credo, “Never $%#@ with a man’s car?” It’s a horrible trend, but it would seem that hot rods are no longer safe in Southern California. The continuing rash of car thefts of really nice, really *****in’ hot rods has flared up again, but in the worst of spots, the 2011 Grand National Roadster Show. Stolen from the hotel owner Chick Koszis was staying at, a lead-footed, sticky-fingered thief ran off with this pristine ’32 roadster.
Also, you can follow the Stolen Hot Rod Alert page on Facebook.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote