View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
Devillusion

Raising Cain: Crewcab shortbox build

Like I needed to start another build.....not! But oppertunities show themselves and some of us (me) don't have any self control which brings us to the here and now..lol.

Been gathering parts now for a bit to build myself a clean custom daily driver crew cab short box 4x4. The start plan is to just build a crew with around 6" or so of lift, 16x10 steelies on 33 or 35's, two tone flat (not 100% sure on color yet but have some thoughts), simple resto mod style I guess.

Will build on the go as I usually do....and hope all works out. I know this is no wonderbuild by any means and there have been many done and underway, just thought I would share yet one more conversion and see how things go.

This is the day she came home, since these pictures were taken I have sold the service body and recouped $600 from my original purchase of $1300. Found alot of hidden issues with this girl once I started looking hard, but still lots of good parts to be had regardless.

Found a short box with a galvanized floor a couple miles from home for next to nothing (literally), and is more than useable for now but will eventually need box sides replaced.

Being the cab was completly rotten and not worth the time to fix, I cut my losses and luckily found another project already well underway that someone else had grown sick of and had a mint A/C cab, mint doors, front clip, decent rust free box, brand new 4 core rad, D70/D60 combo (sold the D60 for $700), new carpet, suburban swap grill assembly, drive shafts, glass, you name it I got 4 of everything (4 truck loads worth) of parts. Was also a steal of a deal. Got it all for $1300!

So now into the project for around $1300 total and have enough parts to build probably 4 of them....it's crazy. The guy also threw in a 1959 Cadillac rear clip complete with chrome, bumper and tailights that I plan on making an entertainment stand out of.

..how could I pass it up...lol, or at least that is what I told the wife.
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote