View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #142
allaboutchevelles

Re: My 64 C-10 fleetside shortbed build

Thanks Flip!! Before I sandblasted the roof I took a hook pick and removed all the old cracking seam sealer. I had to use a small chesil and hammer to get some of it out. I actually picked up the seam sealer the other day from carquest. Cant remember the name of it but its suppose to be a factory match, is what it says on the tube. Funny thing is I have never used any of this stuff before. My uncle does body work for a living and I was over there the other day and I was looking at his 69 chevelle that he put a roof skin on and I ask him how to spread it in the dip rail. He told me his pinky finger worked perfect. I have heard if you dip your finger in paint thinner it helps spread more even. He told me to put some regular paint in the channel before I put the seam sealer in also. So im avoiding doing this until I do a little research. I didnt get any primmer on the roof today. I found a few spots I was not happy with so I did more blocking but its getting closer. I need to order those durablocks, its hard for me to block the front of the cab where it rounds over.