View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #89
CamaroChris

Re: 1986 suburban build with 6.0l swap

I got a few tings done this weekend, but not as much as I wanted. I sold my Yukon! Yay me lol I installed my new shift linkage from lokar, then broke it FML 130$ down the ****ter. think that six states will make me a new cable? any ideas? the link where it hooks my linkage to the trans is supposed to be a little loose so that it will pivot when the arm moves. well I tightened it and first attempt at shifting it it snapped the threads off the linkage.

And scratched my paint

Also I figured it would be a good idea to drop the trans pan and change the filter and this is what I found...

I would also like to add that the trans pan tried to kill me.. The drain plug was siezed in there, (part of the reason for dropping the pan) I took some degresser and cleaned the pan good and grabbed the map gas torch. after about 3 minutes, I graded the wrench and tried it, no budge. with the torch again for about 8 minutes with the torch i heard a slight hisss the bang like a gun shot, it exploded. I fell back luckily wearing my safety glasses, while a 4 foot diameter fire ball floated towards the cilling. then another bang and instantly filled my whole shop with a thick cloud of thick white smoke. I grabbed a fast breath and ran out of my shop. Can I just say **** that pan bolt. oh and the best part, it did no damage to the pan or the bolt. it looks normal. WTF was that all about?

mounted the radiator and finished all the hoses.

1987 Jimmy Build, Project Cheap A$$ Build Link
CamaroChris is offline   Reply With Quote