View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #260
1badgmc

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountie View Post
The "other driver" did know what happened... They just took off.....

(Wouldn't YOU notice if you did the same thing?)
I would notice if I did, yes. I'm an extremely attentive driver. But have you never seen an old person driving behind the wheel with that glassy-eyed look to their face where they can only see what's in front of them and are completely oblivious to everything else happening around them? You could drop a nuclear bomb beside their car and they wouldn't even know it. That was the guy who pulled out in front of me. He didn't even look.

As far as witnesses, there was a lot of traffic at the time. Both myself and the other driver were able to drive our vehicles onto a side street, so we're obviously conscious and don't appear to need any significant immediate help, so none of the other drivers stopped. The officer on the scene actually saw it happen, but he was a couple blocks away and traffic kept him from seeing what exactly went on.

This was not the first accident I was ever in here. I had been rear-ended 2 times before myself. I'm not the average motorist. My situational awareness at the scene of an accident is high. I'm playing things over in my head, inspecting vehicles, checking on people, looking at who's around. These things do not escape my attention. As long as I'm not knocked unconscious or in some severe physical pain, I'm on top of it.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote