View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #146
trkfrk

Re: Started my first frame off - 72 SWB LS1, 6-spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Sounds like a plan to me. So have you decided on what kind and color paint yet?
I haven't decided on color. I am using Dupont products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibs View Post
How do you like the F-body accessory drive? I like how clean it looks over the other OEM options, and I would be interested how it fits
I thought it looked cleaner than the other options. It was more challenging getting the engine exactly where I wanted it. I did trim less than 1/2" on the inside of the frame rail between the core support and front A-arms to help clear the A/C pump. This should allow me room for the lines and not effect the integrity of the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom63 View Post
I see that you used CPP tubular engine frame mounts but what adaptor plates did you use on the block? Are those Poly motor mounts? Compared to stock location, where does the engine site? Forward, back, higher, lower? How far off the firewall. And last and not least. Howd you squeeze the A/c pump in there? Are you going to have enough room to run the lines? Or are you going to have to do some frame trimming? I am at this point in my build and want to pull the trigger on parts but still dont know what the correct combination of parts are to make it all work. Any and all info is much appreciated. Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!
Adapter plates are also from CPP part#CPLS1-K. comes with the plate, poly mount and hardware. I moved the engine back around 2" from the stock location. This helped with the oil pan clearing the front cross member and filling in the gap between the firewall and the rear of the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
I like the way you did the rear brake line through the frame. Did you build that?
Posted via Mobile Device
I made no modifications to the frame or brake lines except for shortening the rear lines before entering the Wilwood calipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDIRON69 View Post
nice build
Thank You....

1972 C10 SWB LS1/T56 6 speed trans/4:56 posi with 5.5"-7" static drop/Boss 338 Wheels 18"x20"

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424609.

My first start up http://youtu.be/R899YQ1OcjU
trkfrk is offline   Reply With Quote