View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #19
Blake_H

Re: '86 Crew Cab - The Race Car Hauler

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the compliments. Good news, she lives and breathes. I got everything wired up on the engine side and lit her up. Man, oh man does it sound healthy. No leaks after I tightened up the oil cooler lines. Best part is the nylon fuel lines aren't leaking. Still have the some minor issues to deal with. It threw a code for the mass airflow sensor and I'm not sure if that means it's defective or if something else is going on. It says it has low voltage.

Apparently, bending steel fuel lines isn't the only thing I don't have talent for. Repinning the cluster has turned into a slight mess. When I turn my headlights on, the left turn signal lights up. My fuel gauge is pegged passed full. The ground for the fuel sender is solid on the frame. Sanded the mounting point down to bare metal and made sure it was tight because I wanted to avoid this very problem.

On the bright side, the voltage gauge works and temp gauge works, just not correctly. It's reading about 30 degrees higher than my IR temp gun is showing and the ecm says it's running at 194 once it's warmed up. All the lights are working in the cluster, but nothing else is working correctly.

Any thoughts?
Blake_H is offline   Reply With Quote