View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #38
Pete357

Re: 400-450hp 355 on a budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
I guess I read wrong. I thought the OP was asking about using a small blower.

either way it doesn't matter much and I should have just left it alone as the OP is not in need of a set of heads.
I am asking about using a small blower. And i may be in the market for a set of heads. Are there any Good cheaper aluminum heads out there that dont cost an arm and a leg? Or even some good aftermarket iron heads? Id like to stay away from the vortec scene kind of, unless its my only option. I know when it comes to heads you get what ya pay for but are there any decent aluminum heads out there that will work better than my double hump without breaking the bank?

WAAF-yea i kind of an set on using a roots style blower, just kind of one of them things i always wanted to play with, i deff covered the turbo with my monster on my powerstroke and the roots blower is deff next on my list of what to play with. I thought the torque curve on the vortec headed magazine blower build was pretty nice. 455 ft lbs peak at 3800 rpm and 416 ft lbs at 2800 rpm, i didnt think that was too shabby.
Pete357 is offline   Reply With Quote