View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #334
1959 Apache 3600

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Well that looks like a helluva lot more progress than I'm making. I want to pull my front body work just for a thorough cleaning and detailing. "While-I'm-in-There" I want to pull the headers and paint/ceramic coat/or replace them, I want an excuse to try my hand at some painting since I bought some TPI HVLP guns and a new (to me) big compressor. Knowing how I am, I'll probably use the access as an excuse to do a lot more stuff too, if money allows. C'mon tax return!

As to my garage door: I hope it doesn't look like a "diamond in a goat's azz" -Ha Ha. I've got a 80+ year old house so it may. Again, I'll probably use it as an excuse to do a lot of other stuff I've wanted, like fix my badly cracked concrete floor, expose the oil change pits in it I've never seen to see if they're usable. etc. It never ends huh?! What are your engine plans? V8 or a rebuild/detail on the six? Will your engine compartment be body color or are you thinking of original black? Enquiring minds (aka nosy people) want to know!
I hear ya... C'mon tax return! One purchase I plan to make before the end of the year however is an Eastwood welder while they still offer free shipping. Compressor is planned for January.

Regarding the truck, if you look beyond the front frame rails in the "After" picture, you'll see the Chevy 454 big block sitting on the floor that's going to replace the 6. Not really going to jazz this truck up too much aside from that. May lose the box and flatbed the thing, converting to a dually. Afterall, it's a 3/4 ton. This is my 1st project, so I want to use this lab rat to learn before attempting anything real nice...