View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #55
chopped65

Re: 3/4 ton back half build

uploaded one at a time and it worked. I will do my best to narrate 11 months after the work being done, please let me know of any additional questions you may have. also if you want more pictures, let me know of specifics
first picture is the bracing I did for the rear frame rails maited to the new crossmember.
second picture has the bottom bag mount that had to be made off center, when centered they hit the notch
next building of the bridge. the straight tubing has a metal plate with a hole in it around it that is welded to the notch on the inside. I used a flat piece of metal that was cut and trimmed to match the inner plate with the hole. this will come up later in pics.
this was another piece built by porterbuilt that needed some modification b/c it was made to cut to fit. the rear tube, the bent tube and the upper bag mounts took several magnets, levels and extra hands to get lined up to weld.
the PB in the picture is the Porterbuilt logo and was unsure whether to use it or not but I welded the two pieces of tubing together in that spot and it made for a perfect cover plate, and I don't mind advertising for great work.
Attached Images