View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #56
chopped65

Re: 3/4 ton back half build

different views of the bridge plate. under the differential is a bent piece of tubing that also came with a straight piece. the one thing missing from Porterbuilt's kits are pictures, illustrations or instructions. I found out the bent piece was the lower shock bar that I will show later and the straight was the upper shock bar.
the third picture you can see the end cap for the rear bar on the bridge. I thought about welding a piece of sheet metal to fill the two plates but thought it would look weird so left open which exposed all welds.
you can see how the bent tubing of the bridge just barely clears the differential. I learned just how massive the dana 60 full floater really was. IT'S HUGE!!
then I began on the shock mounts, beginning with the upper. so I received a straight piece of tubing but of course nothing clears the huge differential so it needed some bending. thanks to my harbor freight special, I got it fit nicely. theres about 1/2" when bottomed out of clearance around the diff.
next I started working on how the shocks would mount and the angles to figure out the lower bar.
now that I am done with everything, I have several changes and one includes the shocks. the ones I received do not have enough travel. they are bottomed out when my suspension is bottomed out but if I air the bags up, the shocks are my limiters of how high I can go because the shocks are not long enough. One day I'll fix this. I'll explain the bags issue later, if i forget, ask
Attached Images