View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #58
chopped65

Re: 3/4 ton back half build

more angles of the bridge.

don't be mad................................................................................................. .................................................................................................... .........................................................my pictures stop. apparently I did stop taking pictures of the build. I can get pictures of any specifics that you'd like though.
I'll post some of the bed being done and it complete.

so i made a pretty sharp V similiar to the logo for the Velocity Channel to create the lower shock mount. the lower shock mount is actually welded to the four link brackets themselves. mounted the shocks after getting missing shock mounts.
drilled and tapped the inside of the notch and screwed in the polyurethane bump stops which were thicker than I ordered but these might work. When the front gets done I'll see how low the rear actually sits and if I can go down another 1/8".
you can see in the last pictures the shocks installed and the panhard bar on. I'm still not completely satisfied with the axle mount of the panhard bar. for the fram part I just got a piece of square tubing with a hole in it, made an angle cut to allow the bar to sit at an angle and welded it up. for the axle, I used axle tabs and welded them to a piece of rectangle tubing with a hole in it to finish the mount. It is by all means strong, but not the sharpest piece of the build.
Attached Images