View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #34
rideair

Re: How much to expect to pay for a nice paint job?

I doing a 1986 Chevy K30 Crewcab 4x4 and getting ready to have MACCO laid down the paint (that I'm supplying). The route taken was the following, I and a friend took the truck down to bare cab, doors off, glass out doors/cab, dash out, hood off, etc... was stripped and body work done. I'm now having a body guy give it the one last look over and apply primer and final block sand (working on the side after hours at a reduce cost). When he is finished, we will take it to MACCO to spray using PPG base/clear. After paint is done it goes back to the body guy for final buff.

Even doing the body work myself, contracting final touch and paint out, I'll still have $5,000 in prep/paint/supplies not including all new lights (cab, turn, side, etc..), grill, door/window rubber, carpet, seat covers, dash pad, etc... and then the time to put it all back together.

Some may say, why take it to MACCO after all that work and money?? I've seen the guy that paints at MACCO's work and he's good at laying down the paint.

Paul Waddell
Front Royal, VA
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote