View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #172
scoyote

New seats - need some measurements please

I'm taking out those 2004 chevy seats, it was just too crowded on the roll bar and I had to shim the seats crooked after I padded the roll bar....so...they are gone.

Now I have another issue....of course

I put in the original seat brackets and when I put the seat on top of them it just seems way to high off the floor.

These are seats from a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. They are comfortable and 4 inches narrower than the chevy seats. Plus I might be able to make the original passenger seat brackets work for a fold up entry again....that would be nice.

I've got right at 15 inches to the top of the seat at the front of the seat and 13 inches at the back of the seat (where the butts is)

What is factory height or a "comfortable" seat height?

I can cut down the factory bracket braces and weld a piece to them (gotta put something across there to carry the jeep seat anyway) and right now that seems like what I'm going to have to do.

Sure wish I didn't paint them first......dang....seem to do almost everything twice most of the time.....sigh

Can someone help me out with some numbers please?

(adding a couple photos of the "new" interior.....redid the door panels and added something at the kick panels)
Attached Images

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote