View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Buck's '70 swb w/5.3 build

Well, I have been wanting a 1970 (my birth year) short wheel base c10 for a long time. Over the last year I have been scouring the board here, and of course craigslist, to get a good start on a truck. Now, starting a new project is a big deal in my house. The last few projects... well, let's just say they got off course and ended up costing way too much and never got finished. It has been a few years since the last attempt was sold, luckily I got my money back out of that one. With the help of a couple of board members I have been able to collect a few pieces here and there that I think will make for a great foundation.
The difference with this build is that I have a clear vision for the completed truck. And the fact that if you have a solid frame and a cab, just about everything else can be bought if you can't find it doesn't hurt. What is my vision? It is a '70 short wheel base fleet side, dropped 4/6, and rolling on rallys. It will be powered by a 5.3L with a hot cam upgrade and shifted by a 4L60E while 3.73 gears and an Eaton posi spin the 5 lug axles. The body will remain stock with the exception of the fuel filler being filled as the tank will be relocated to the frame under the bed, and a smooth firewall. Paint is going to be Carbon Black Metallic (factory GM color) with a Quick Silver Metallic roof. The interior will follow the stock appearance theme with stock '70 interior appointments with the exception of a pair of buddy buckets covered in black ultra leather with hounds tooth inserts. A/C will be handled by an aftermarket unit, I still need to research that component, but I want the controls to look stock. I also want a stock stereo head that I can plug my iPhone into for tunes, no actual radio required. I also need to look into that further. Well, I think that gives you a good perspective on my direction with the truck. I'll add a few pics of the components I have collected so far... like the cab.
Attached Images

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD