View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #205
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Then yesterday and today was spent modifying the hood latch panel inside the hood, and making the insert for the center air intake well I made in my hood face.

Pic #1 is the painted signal well mesh in the fresh primered hood face.

Pic #2 is the unpainted air intake mesh

Pic #3&4 is the whole shebang as it now.

Pic #5 is an idea I have for using a donor hood face to fill the space between my fender tips below my grill support. The plan is to cut and fab this donor (that I still have to get mind you) piece and mount fog lamps into the turn signal wells which I will patch fill to make the orafice smaller and to fit the fog lamps I have in mind (the same ones on my Tempest actually). I will also make mesh inserts for the two openings in the donor hood.
After that I will mod my bumper to go below all this mess and hopefully add to a clean look to the front of the truck.

I sometimes wonder if all this just seems a tad crazy to you guys....

Anyways .... short work week ahead of me before I can get back at it. I plan to finish up this hood work and then toss it into the parts tent before I start on another area of the truck, which will probably be the patch pans I got in.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look... updating this thread is almost as much fun as making progress on the truck ..... almost.
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote