View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
smbrouss70

Re: Bowtie468's Extreme '68 BuildPage

I have been lucky enough to be a Beta tester for Carter Hickman's newest software for House of Kolor's Digital Paint Booth. This new version is lightyears ahead of the older 2 versions that I have played with. This version is actually a 3D rendering program where you can change wheels, vehicle height, turn trim and emblems on and off, as well as simply change the color (as long as it is a HOK color ). The coolest thing about the software is that when you change backgrounds, all of the reflections change too. If you spin the truck or raise or lower your veiwing angle you can watch all of the reflections move around on the truck. You really have to see the software in person to truly appreciate all of Carter's hard work that is involved in this. My hat is off to Carter for providing us with some super software for our hobby! This software should be available to everyone very soon, and it is worth every penny!!

I figured that I would help Chris out with a few renderings while I could. For a while there he was unsure about painting the grill white while leaving the rest of the truck black. As you can see, his truck is going to look Killer! Chris, I also made a few animated .gif's of the truck in each background for you. I hope you like them Chris!

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote