View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
Oilbrnr

Re: A good snow tire for our trucks?

Our guys don't work off commission. We just like repeat business!

Here is a link to the Discount Tire DynaPro page. You'll have to choose the size. Fair amount of customer reviews there too IIRC.

I'd originally purchased them as they are quite a bit less expensive than the good old BFG AT's, and I just wanted something for my K20 work truck. PO had put some mid '90 OEM steelies on there, and the rubber was shot. I bought a new set of rims and picked the Hankooks based on my cost and the reviews. I then confirmed with the guys at my local Discount Tire (I work at Corp.)

I got sidetracked for a bit doing some interior work on the K20 about the time I noticed the Michelins on my Dmax were get near the wear bars, so I swapped shoes between the two. After two trips to CA, and local trips here in AZ pulling a 12k bumper pull toyhauler, I was sold on them. I ordered a set of 18's and new rims for the Sierra, and put the 16's back on the K20.

Both sets are load range E FWIW.

'66 C10 w/factory A/C
'77 Cheyenne K5 350/465/205
'80 Custom Deluxe K20 350/465/205
'04 Denali XL
'05 DMax CCLB 4x

Have a Hickey Sidewinder Winch and need the owners/install manual? Send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward you a .pdf
Oilbrnr is offline   Reply With Quote