View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #222
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Nice progress, your the man to work in the cold like you do. I know you have heated space, but still. I cringe when it's in the 30's and the shop is 45 when I first get out there.
Well I can tell you this, I am NOT spending any time lying on that concrete floor down there in the garage! It will draw the body heat out of you almost like freezing water does... LOL
Time to buy a creeper soon perhaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@rnut001 View Post
LOL...when it is 45 here guys are working out in shorts and t-shirts....LOL would be quite the heat wave...

actually, we had some -40 degree weather over here in southwest Alaska during Christmas break...so when it warmed up 30 degrees, it did feel a LOT warmer...
Yep a 70 or 80 degree climb gets to be very noticiable, and you find you are turning the heat down in the house and there is still snow on the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Nice progress Sarge... You make more progress in the cold then I do in the heat>>LOL
It is either this, or play World of Warcraft for me right now. Too cold to ski even!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
My first thought was you were fabbing a front spoiler.
Which would look pretty sharp.
Almost, though I did go and flip it yesterday for a look which I think I like better, it will just require more body work to make it "work" but will look more in keeping with the original body lines I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad215 View Post
Ha, sorry, looks like I made you do more work. That seems like a better idea, though, I like the idea of them being easily (or less hard) replaceable. They look really cool though, this may be an idea I steal from you.
Ahhh no worries. I would rather do a ton more work, then ever spend a minute doing something over. (although I know and do intend to do a 100% frame off on this rig in about 10 years) and the worst is when I have to fix something I very seriously erred on.

If it were not for this site, I would not even attempt half of what I have done/or doing. I doubt I would have much of a clue actually.
That is why I appreciate all you guys looking at my stuff, and making the pointers and comments and questions that you do. I assure you, I do not see the things you guys do !!

The first and third pics are the hood signal light panel mocked up to the headlight support panel and right side up.
The second is my initial intent design for the front that I drew on the 15th of October, you can see how it has grown in concept over time to what I am envisioning today 3 months later.
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote