Thread: Barn raising
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #287
Mike Bradbury

Re: Barn raising

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Where/how did you find the bushings? I ask because I am interested in the process you use to figure out the bits and pieces to make something like this... I mean, do you bring your stuff to Ace Hardware and chill in their parts section until you find the right bushing, or do you have an online source with reasonable shipping? Stuff like that.
You are exactly right. I just went to an industrial hardware store and shopped until I had all the pieces I needed. I will do a right up on the build process soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn agn View Post
Great work! How many hours do you think you have in them?
Hard to tell. Only have one 3/4 done and I have only been doing it in my spare time. The next one will go quicker. I probably have 25 solid hours in R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
They look good. I know its hard to justify spending $600 on hood hinges right? Biggest question for me is will it pull the back of the hood down to be even with the cowl? Thats where the original ones have problems when they wear and get loose.
That is a big question of mine too. I won't know until I get them on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
What opening struts did you use? (what is their normal application). ...If they don't hold it open,, could you double them (the struts) up?
They came off of the biggest 80's Chrysler I could find in the junkyard. They are 10" open 6.5" closed. I believe they are around 80# struts, but the leverage of the arms makes it a bit easier to pul than the original spring.
Posted via Mobile Device

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote