View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Bustedknuckle

Hood questions Need Help!!!

Alright I know I have asked this question before but I want to be 100% sure before I move forward with my build. I have a 1970 Chevy pickup. I would've preferred to have had a 1968 but the truck was worth the money so I bought it. The main thing I don’t like about the 1970 is the hood. I don’t mind the grille looking the way it does. I have had people tell me that in order to change the hood to a 1968 style would require me changing the whole front clip. I know that the radiator support is different but the only difference I can find are the headlight buckets, it is no taller and no wider. And I know that the hood latch is different because the space between the grille and radiator support are shaped differently. But what is the reason it won’t work. I don’t have a 68 hood laying around to test fit, and I didn’t wanna go buy one on a hunch that they might interchange. Do the front of the old hood and the top of the newer grille not line up right? Is the hood latch in a slightly different spot that keeps it from latching? And if they do interchange does it just look weird or something? I want to know what the exact reason is for why everyone tells me I can’t run the older hood with the newer fenders and grille. The reason I want o make this work is because if the opportunity to buy a 68 front clip comes up, I wanna know if I should pass on it or buy it. I don’t wanna buy a 68 clip if I don’t need it and I don’t wanna miss the chance to get one if do need it… Someone please help…
Bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote