View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #145
E911manager

Re: 1964 Caprick-up = (C10+SWB)*(94 Caprice 9C1+LT1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E911manager View Post
Used a 1.5" X 3" rectangle tubing for the cross support and cut the caprice frame to fit. It appears another 1.5" X 3" welded vertically to the bottom will be about right to mount the main bumper mounts. The grill mount will need some modification where is attaches under the radiator mount but that appear to be about it. Actually the curve of the caprice frame runs at the proper angle to connect the outer bumper mounts. Probably done until next Saturday...
Quote:
Originally Posted by E911manager View Post
Well after much and much searching and buying, the project is underway. i have the body of the 94 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 ready to remove. I also purchased a 64 truck locally that has all the metal work done and almost ready for paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72GMCK-2500 View Post
Nice firewall work! The Caprick-up, LOL, is really coming along! Gotta love those old 9C1's! My dad has used a toilet bowl (throttle body) injected 9C1 350 in his long gone 66 C-10 longbed and a fuel injected 9c1 350 in his 64 C-10 stepside. He absolutly loved the fuel injected one. And of course i still have a 88 9C1 caprice that is gonna be restored some day. For now shes a daily driver/parts runner!
The motors a great and I hope the frame and suspension rides as good as I hope.

The Caprick-up name came from a friend that has been following the build.
Posted via Mobile Device