View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
1leglance

Re: Two old Suburbans go mine hunting

There are some really neat things to see at Swansea and the signage the BLM has placed helps tell the history and bring the place to life in your mind.

The evening light also gave the buildings a different feel than when the sun is shinning brightly.

After dinner we hung out by the fires for a bit then off to our rigs for sleepy time. I have to say I really like how much space this old things have inside!
The next morning was a bit chilly but before long we were out hiking the site again to get the blood going for the day. These metal screens let you walk right over the mine shaft and of course let the kids safely toss in some rocks.

The restoration of the workers cabins has been going on for a while now and they look great. Sadly thought there are already signs of stupid people tearing things up. Oh well we were enjoying the place.

Lots of things for everyone to check out here.

Not sure if I would have slept better on a spring setup like this but I do love new gear to try out...even if it is really old new gear

It was fun for the boys to play "what was this thing?", sometimes they were right on and sometimes I had fun playing around with their minds.

Cool place to hang out with friends and worth a visit.
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote