View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
1leglance

Re: Two old Suburbans go mine hunting

There seems to always be another project rig just sitting around waiting for the right person to come along

But as the morning wore away we realized there was plenty more exploring and cool stuff to see so we took off and got to following this pipeline trail. And just so you know I am pretty sure this is still an active line so if you go there please don't mess around with it.

Fun thing about pipeline trails is that they tend to be pretty straight and just follow the line. That can sometimes means some really fun trail. This was steeper than it looked but nothing our old iron rigs couldn't handle.

The route has a nice variety of terrain and one of the features I like is very close to the Bill Williams River. This small section of canyons has some great coloring and rock features.

It wasn't too much longer before Martín was begged to pull over into one of the side canyons and spend some trigger time with friends. My son has starting building a pretty good collection. We found a great spot and everyone had a blast. Even the wives were in on the action.

1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote