View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
1leglance

Re: Two old Suburbans go mine hunting

Nick and I had spread out on these open gravel sections to keep from choking on the dust. And that works great when you have good radio contact. And in this case I had fun getting on the radio and telling Nick he was about to see something in the desert for the first time....and least it was a first for me.

Umm yeah, a couple of planes parked off the side of the road. Now I have been using USPS topo maps for a while and always noticed the "landing strip" on there but never really expected to see a couple of planes! On the other side of the road were some serious looking baja racing looking buggies that I didn't snap pics of as the group of folks standing around were eyeing me slow rolling as it was.

Soon enough we made our way to the next spot to park & hike which was the Signal mine site. This is actually in 2 parts. One you can drive right up to and the other is marked "no motor vehicles", of course there were plenty of ATV tracks which really gets me irked.

Another happy family moment checking out cool old stuff. This is why we build the rigs, to actually use them..even if the build isn't done. Of course is it ever done?

For a minute I thought my son was not enjoying himself...but it turned out he was just intensely checking things out and didn't like my "turn and look at the camera"...teenagers

Nope he & my wife were still having fun.
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote