View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #15
1leglance

Re: Two old Suburbans go mine hunting

Not far from the mine site is an old cemetery that has graves from the 1800's up to very recent. Nice thing is someone is keeping it decent and making a link from past to present.

But the day was wearing on and we all wanted to get home to some hot showers, homework for the kids and vehicle unpacking for the guys. But my thirsty burb needed a bit more fuel from Wikeiup before I could make the trek south. This is a rare thing to see gas costing more than diesel.

It was a great weekend trip and huge thanks to Nick & family for joining me & mine for some mine ruin adventure. No breakage to report except after I got on the highway and my fuel filter clogged up with a bunch of junk that was shook up on the trail. Lucky for me it is a take apart design that I was able to clean and get going again after 5 min.

There is plenty I want to do to my rig including the in process diesel swap, full interior rebuild, sleeping platform with storage, paint and much more. But I like to keep it as road going as possible through the build so we can keep enjoying it and making more memories as family & friends.
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote