View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #18
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Two old Suburbans go mine hunting

Another great trip report Lance! Your and Nick’s Subs look like they are in their natural habitat out there.

When did you do this trip? I just checked your SPOT link to see where exactly you went in AZ and there is no data to display? Since momma was with you on this trip there probably wasn’t much reason to turn SPOT on?? ….or the battery was dead?

Glad to see someone is out there seeing the back country this time of year. All I have seen lately is the inside of airplanes and hotels with no off-road action unless you count the big mud puddle I drove my rental Malibu through last week behind the hotel in Vancouver, BC in the rain.

Looking forward to the Expo coming up in May! I foresee two old subs, one blue K10 and one white Dodge Ram Charger taking some detours someplace cool after the Expo!

You’ll have to tell me about your 1 leg monkey as I just bought a tiny laptop for the K10 to run Delorme as well. The problem is I don’t know where to mount the laptop other than lay it on the passenger seat or have the passenger hold it. I am not a big fan of drilling holes in the freshly Rhino’d cab floor to bolt a laptop pod too but it has to go someplace secure for bouncy trips.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote