View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
mr48chev

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

I don't think that the issue was that you were offering the plans up for sale but the fact that there seemed to be so many people willing to fork over a pocket full of cash for something that can readily be found on the net in a number of places. The end results may or may not be as "clean" as your concept but from following Tim's build and checking his plans for the mounts his way is pretty clean in my book.

If your plans help people with somewhat limited experience or skills build a decent and safe truck that alone is more than worth the price of the plans. And maybe we are just amazed at your marketing skills.

I'm not a fan of pulling the sheet metal off a good solid original frame and swapping it over to the S10 frame but I do have a spare cab sitting on a pallet in the shed that would be a great candidate for an S-10 frame job. The trouble locally is that the dead S10 trucks that were sitting around with a pile of trash in the back five years ago have either been hauled for scrap or the people who have them think they are worth more than a running driving truck because "all them hot rodders are using them".
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote